I always wanted to plant. However, we usually live in flats and so there is literally no space for planting. When we come back here in the Philippines, 2019, it was really the first time after gazillion years that I did planting. My daughter had this project of planting tomatoes, and I was the one who’s very eager to do that. It really grew and we harvested a lot.
Now that we moved to our new house, there is a small space where I could plant some vegetables. I do love to cook vegetables and to give my children with healthy foods. So, let me show you some of the vegetables that I planted in our mini vegetable garden.
These plants are still young, maybe a month old only. So, I would really love to give you updates on how they grow and how they helped me with my cooking. There are some vegetables that I planted but did not include here, ladyfinger, bell peppers and tomatoes. Hopefully, they will survive.. Haha.
I slept a little late last night because I always find myself not sleepy when my daughters are already asleep. I’m not sure if some of you are like this but I sneek out of the bedroom to eat some chips while watching movies or some Korean dramas.
This morning, I was awakened by some facebook messages from friends and families with Happy Mother’s day greetings.
I didn’t know that it is Mother’s day. This whole stay-at-home-forever thing makes me forget what day it is. However, this day is a gift for all the women who are blessed to become mothers.
I always celebrate motherhood. I remembered when I was pregnant with my first child, my father told me that I am so blessed because not all women can be a mother. I will be forever grateful to be receiving this gift of motherhood.
My children are planned and prayed for, hence, we, as parents, need to give our best for our children. It is embedded in our veins that we are responsible for them. They deserve good life. Good life does not mean, to be spoiled or to grant all their wishes but for them to be able to adapt in this life. This life that is so unpredictable, yet still needs to enjoy.
The day is about to end here in the Philippines, I saw a lot of social media posts about motherhood. My children and I just had a normal day at home. It’s Sunday today and we had some Bible study. I personally opted not to do a lot of things today. My kids, rode their bicycles around the village (with their masks on), while I was sitting near our garden drinking my favorite cappucino.
Let’s always celebrate motherhood. It is a gift from God that is so precious. The responsibility is so enormous and yet very rewarding.
If you are a mom like me, I wish you a Happy Mother’s day. Enjoy our gift!
Okay, okay, my blog post title is not yet complete. It really should be, “The Things that I don’t Do, When My Husband is with Me”. This post is somehow very personal as it might not be the same with the other housewives whose husbands are not with them. Anyway, I wanted to share this to you as you might be able to relate.
Because of this pandemic, my husband was not able to go back home for more than a year now. Though he is only in Singapore but there is a memorandum in is company that they should remain in there. It’s really hard but I just live each and every day with a faith that everything will be okay.
So, because I miss my husband so badly, I would like to share the things that I don’t do when he is around. My husband is very protective of me and he wanted me to rest at least once in a while as I am really always on-the-go.
2. Bringing heavy stuffs – My husband is a true gentleman. He is like that since I met him, he did not change his attitude towards me. He is very consistent. He doesn’t want me to bring heavy stuffs. During groceries or shopping, he will just bring the bags for me. Again, I am not asking him to do that, he is just a true blooded gentleman.
We have 5 gallons of water that I need to replace almost every other day and I always think that I will not do that if my husband is here.
3. Clean the car – Though I love cleaning the car but because I am busy with our children, my husband is the one who do it. I know what he feels, I mean, the satisfaction of seeing your car clean is like you wearing a clean shirt. Nowadays, I clean our car, every other week as I don’t usually go out.
4. Drive the car – Since we lived in Singapore for almost 9 years and the transportation there is very convenient, a car is really not needed (Well, plus the fact that the cars there are 300% more expensive than here in the Philippines). And so, I did not drive for almost 9 years. Imagine, if you are my husband riding in the passenger seat with me as a driver. haha.. So, I am not at ease also of driving when he is here.
However, since I have been driving for almost a year now, I am very used to driving now and I could say, I am ready to drive when he is here.
5. Plumbing – This is one thing that I do also, however if my husband is around, he will be the one to do it. Recently, I need to replace the shower heads of our bathrooms and I just thought if my husband is here it will be easier because he is tall.
6. Fixing the computer – My husband is an IT specialist and he is really fond of doing computer stuffs. He bought a desktop for my eldest daughter and I need to do some stuffs to have it ready to use. Of course, I needed to do it with the help of my husband. I am really not into it, but what can I do, I just need to do it. haha.
7. Run Errands – It’s good that nowadays, we can pay our bills online and so I don’t need to get out of the house to pay my bills. However, there are some instances that I need to go out for errands. With my husband around, he is just on-the-go. He likes walking and he considers going out for errands as exercise.
Some of the things that we do at home, we do it together. For now, these are the things that I don’t usually do when he is around. Can you imagine now, the adjustment that I had? All in all, it is really rewarding to be seeing that I was able to do a lot of stuffs alone. However, it is a great joy to be having my husband around and helping me at home.
I started blogging when I had my first maternity leave on the year 2010. It was a great experience knowing that I am sharing my thoughts and learnings to other fellow first time moms. When I went back to work, I became very busy joggling my job and my family life. And so, I was not able to update my blog more often.
So, I am now again blogging and the excitement is really enormous. This is also the first time that I stayed at home, 24/7 with my kids. I had to quit my job due to stress in which I had problems with my health already. This is another topic that I wanted to share with you too.
The title of my blog is “Maybahay ng OFW”, housewife of an Overseas Filipino Worker. We were residing in Singapore for almost 9 years before I became a housewife. My husband and I felt the need of us (my children and I) to go back to the Philippines, for me to be relaxed and to keep my mind away from work. My husband need to stay there in Singapore to work. While we were staying there, we bought some properties here in case we wanted to live here in the Philippines permanently.
And so, my journey of being a housewife of an OFW started June of 2019. I had the impression that the transition would be easy breezy. However, having this I-need-to-fix-everything mentality, something that I acquired while working for almost 2 decades, I became stressed again. The work at home is never ending, the ideas that I have in my mind overflowed. I am speaking for myself, but I was overwhelmed. Well, this was during my first year of being a housewife.
And because this is the first time after graduating from university that I have to depend financially to someone, I became stressed again. I tried different businesses, selling stuffs so that I could at least contribute. Though my husband can provide everything we need, but the call of my contribution is for myself to be relieved. I am not sure if you could relate to this, but it was a difficult phase of the transition. I want to share with you how I am dealing with this and how I would want to cope with it.
Last February, we moved to our new house and I am so excited to start a new journey. I know how to manage my time now and so I saw myself searching on how to start a blog. haha.. I have loads of things to share with you, please bear with me as I am not an expert, but I want to share with you my parenting styles, home improvement, recipes, gardening and a lot more. I just need to be honest but those that I mentioned are somehow new to me. I would love to learn these things and share my learnings. Maybe you could also give me some tips or comments along the way.
I will be sharing a lot for the next couple of days. I felt like I am my four year old daughter excited to receive her toys from a delivery man. I mean, I am so thrilled to be starting this blog and communicate with you.
See you on my next post.