Okay, okay, my blog post title is not yet complete. It really should be, “The Things that I don’t Do, When My Husband is with Me”. This post is somehow very personal as it might not be the same with the other housewives whose husbands are not with them. Anyway, I wanted to share this to you as you might be able to relate.
Because of this pandemic, my husband was not able to go back home for more than a year now. Though he is only in Singapore but there is a memorandum in is company that they should remain in there. It’s really hard but I just live each and every day with a faith that everything will be okay.
So, because I miss my husband so badly, I would like to share the things that I don’t do when he is around. My husband is very protective of me and he wanted me to rest at least once in a while as I am really always on-the-go.
2. Bringing heavy stuffs – My husband is a true gentleman. He is like that since I met him, he did not change his attitude towards me. He is very consistent. He doesn’t want me to bring heavy stuffs. During groceries or shopping, he will just bring the bags for me. Again, I am not asking him to do that, he is just a true blooded gentleman.
We have 5 gallons of water that I need to replace almost every other day and I always think that I will not do that if my husband is here.
3. Clean the car – Though I love cleaning the car but because I am busy with our children, my husband is the one who do it. I know what he feels, I mean, the satisfaction of seeing your car clean is like you wearing a clean shirt. Nowadays, I clean our car, every other week as I don’t usually go out.
4. Drive the car – Since we lived in Singapore for almost 9 years and the transportation there is very convenient, a car is really not needed (Well, plus the fact that the cars there are 300% more expensive than here in the Philippines). And so, I did not drive for almost 9 years. Imagine, if you are my husband riding in the passenger seat with me as a driver. haha.. So, I am not at ease also of driving when he is here.
However, since I have been driving for almost a year now, I am very used to driving now and I could say, I am ready to drive when he is here.
5. Plumbing – This is one thing that I do also, however if my husband is around, he will be the one to do it. Recently, I need to replace the shower heads of our bathrooms and I just thought if my husband is here it will be easier because he is tall.
6. Fixing the computer – My husband is an IT specialist and he is really fond of doing computer stuffs. He bought a desktop for my eldest daughter and I need to do some stuffs to have it ready to use. Of course, I needed to do it with the help of my husband. I am really not into it, but what can I do, I just need to do it. haha.
7. Run Errands – It’s good that nowadays, we can pay our bills online and so I don’t need to get out of the house to pay my bills. However, there are some instances that I need to go out for errands. With my husband around, he is just on-the-go. He likes walking and he considers going out for errands as exercise.
Some of the things that we do at home, we do it together. For now, these are the things that I don’t usually do when he is around. Can you imagine now, the adjustment that I had? All in all, it is really rewarding to be seeing that I was able to do a lot of stuffs alone. However, it is a great joy to be having my husband around and helping me at home.