I had my vaccination for Covid-19 last Tuesday (June 15), it was a blessing because my parents are here since Monday and my father accompanied me to the center.
If you are from the Philippines, you can check out my previous blog about my actual vaccination experience.
After my vaccination (same day), I felt so energized. For some reasons, I know that there was a foreign thing that was injected on my body and I felt uneasy (maybe psychologically). However, I was so energetic that afternoon, I thought I would feel dizzy or ill but I still managed to buy groceries and cook for us.
The night after the vaccination, around 11 in the evening, I felt my body was chilling. I felt cold. I had fever, my body temperature is 37.5 deg C. Well, I am not trying to frighten you but this is usually what happens to me whenever I got my flu vaccine. But I had a good sleep that night. I was so excited to sleep because I know that I will be sleeping nicely because of the vaccine.
Yesterday, I was thrilled to see my brother again as he just came home from overseas. He is also an overseas filipino worker. The chills were gone in the morning, and I felt so hot inside. I don’t usually take a bath early but yesterday was different, the hotness in my body was making me uncomfortable. So when I took a bath, I felt okay already. Again, I cooked for all of us and did my project for the week.
I was also expecting the couch that we bought to be delivered yesterday. Those couches are to be placed in the second floor of our house. When it was delivered, the delivery guys were not able to put it upstairs because the stairs is narrow for the couch. We thought the only option was to use the windows on the second floor. So, I just asked accepted the couches and thought of a lot of possibilities on how we could put the couches upstairs.
I am positive that it can get through those stairs. We had a lot of measurements. The only possible way was to remove all the feet of the couches. The risk of having some scratches on the stairs and on the ceiling was also considered. I accepted that already. There must be couch on the second floor! Haha.
The couches are so bulky and quite heavy. It is I, my brother, his wife and my father who helped each other. I totally forgot about the vaccine. Though I feel tired but I forgot about it.. My aim is for the couches to be upstairs.
We were so tired and careful not to have a lot of damages, there was also lighting feature on the ceiling that we had to consider. It was really a total adventure.
So after a lot of hardwork and perseverance, we were able to accomplish the goal.. Haha…
However, there were little scratches here and there.. which I already settled today. I put some putty on the scratches then painted it.
I have putty and paints here at home. I buy those because I know there will come a day that I will really do this kind of job at home.
I am planning now to paint the stairs because I really don’t like the colors that were used on that.
After that, I got hungry and ate the KFC chicken that my brother brought, we finished at around 10 in the evening.
For some reasons, the tiredness that I felt last night did not make me sleep. I really cannot sleep, any position, any breathing exercise.. nothing was effective.
I was not able to sleep well last night but I need to get up of the bed this morning because I needed to prepare the trashes as the garbage collectors’ schedule is every Thursday. I was supposed to do that yesterday but I was really busy.
Yeah, the rest of the day I put putty and paint on the scratches..
Upon writing this blog I am a little sleepy but the night is young and my kids are still awake. It 8:37 in the evening now, first time after ages that I felt sleepy at this hour.
The reason why I feel tired today is because I had my first dose of vaccine against Covid-19.. I was mentioning before that the vaccination here is a little slow, I think it depends on the local government on how they are implementing the vaccination program in their places.
Since I am not really going out, I really don’t have access on the news outside our house.. I should be relying on the social media post of our local government. So, I saw there the link on how to register for vaccination. I was not hesitant at all to be vaccinated because Covid-19 is a real danger, no one should question that, nothing can beat that but the vaccination.
So, I learnt that I am eligible to be vaccinated because my category falls on A3. This is for people with comorbidities. These are the people who have existing medical conditions. I have hypertension and I am already taking daily medication to maintain my blood pressure.
This is the procedure that I took for my vaccination..
10. After we were monitored for 30 minutes.. Our blood pressures were checked and then we were done.
I will be back for my second dose on September.
Here are the categories for the prioritization of vaccines here in the Philippines.
A1 – Health Care Workers
A2 – Seniors
A3 – People with Commorbidities
A4 – Government and economic frontliners
A5 – Indigent Population
So, ongoing now is the A3 category.. It was announced by the government that A4 category vaccination is already implemented. A4 is the government employees and economic frontliners.
Economic frontliners are said to be the people from public or private sectors that require to be physically present in their workplaces.
Next will be the B categories but the government is still to release when they will be vaccinated.
Kudos to our local government who implemented the vaccination program very systematically.
How was your weekend? Here in the Philippines, the weekend was rainy.. A lot of thunders here and there.. My kids were a little scared. I remembered that we bought costumes last year because my children were really bored because of total lockdown. For them not to be bored and scared, I asked them if they want to wear their costumes and sleep wearing it.
So fun to see them enjoying their costumes, playing pretend and doing some poses. At least they were able to forget the loud thunders.. My youngest slept with her Owlette costume but my eldest needed to remove hers as it is a little tight.
As a parent, we need to look for some ways for kids to enjoy being young. These are the memories that they will remember.
Our cats were also frightened by the thunders.. Pink (kitten) kept on hiding..
I love weekends because these are the days when I spend less time with the house chores. I may have some chores that I really needed to do, but I just do those that are really important.
Yesterday (Sunday), I had a nap beside my daughter in her playroom. She has a single mattress there. She also wanted me to be there, since the rain made the room colder, I fell asleep. My daughter hates to take naps.. I think goes to other toddlers too.
Last week was very tiring.. I had a very long nap. The weather is so tempting to just lie down and sleep. My daughters were just playing while I was sleeping.
Another thing that I would like to share with you is the activity that my daughters did last weekend. My daughters were active in a Christian church in Singapore. When we were there, they attended the Sunday school and Bible study. Last week Singapore limited the number of people who gather, so their Sunday school was once again through online.. My kids were invited again to join.
Oh how I love the feeling of seeing my kids praising and knowing God! It is indeed a wonderful feeling knowing that there are seeds planted on my kids to become a better Christian. I always pray that they will be good people and have fear to the Lord. I was raised to be active in Church and the seed that was planted on me is so useful and nurturing..
Nowadays, since my children cannot go to church, I searched for materials for Bible study to teach my daughters. It is also fun because I am learning too.
In case you want to know the links where I am getting my Bible lessons for my kids, you may refer below..
I love these two websites because my kids understand the lessons well. They are also having fun with the crafts after each Bible study.
I am scheduled to clean the house today.. Dust and furs of our cats are already visible. Extensive cleaning is a must! Haha.. I usually clean the house for 3 hours. Compared to others, our house is not that big. We have 4 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, 3 toilets and 1 kitchen.. However, I really make sure that I am really cleaning it thoroughly.
Sharing with you my cleaning routine, what are the materials that I am using and how it makes me satisfied…
2. Then I will vacuum the floor. I make sure that all the corners and underneath places are cleaned by the vacuum.
3. After that, I mop the floor spraying multi-purpose liquid cleaner. I spray that first on the floor, then mop it.
4. After mopping, I usually use a humidifier in the room. I am doing this as my kids are allergic and I believe this could help them..
5. For my youngest daughter’s room, I usually clean the toys and the floor mat with alcohol also using the micro fibre clothe.
I do this routine every other 3 days.. for other days, I usually use this for teaching my daughters, cleaning the garden, washing clothes, buying groceries.. etc. I think this more productive than speed cleaning.
The sun was shining brightly this morning.. I was so excited to see my plants especially the roses. I had a glimpse of the flowers yesterday through the window while it was raining.
Look how the flowers bloomed because of the rain. I feel so grateful.
I scheduled myself to clean the whole house.. vacuum, mop, thorough cleaning. However, heavy rain fell and I felt a little lazy and I would want to enjoy the coldness of the afternoon. I decided to lie down and watch a movie.
A blogger and facebook influencer mentioned a South Korean movie called Sweet & Sour, she mentioned that it is a good movie, a lot of lessons to learn and the ending has a nice twist. I was intrigued by her post and commented that I will definitely watch it.. She also mentioned that it is about long distance relationship, something that I can relate to.
The movie isn’t really about long distance relationship.. I wouldn’t go into details because I don’t want to spoil anything. It’s a good movie actually, there are a lot take away on handling relationships.
If you watched the movie, I think you would agree with me that even if you are apart from your partner, communication is always the key to stay together.. Time and effort should always be the priority. Distance is a factor but it is not always the case. I know some people who are having marital problems (infidelity) even if they are living together, they are not apart, but the other half still looked for somebody else.
Miscommunication is also a factor of major conflicts. If no one knows how to listen, if the other keeps on nagging, the other holds the thoughts, both are not completely honest, it could be a relationship disaster.
Pity are the people who give up on their marriage because of miscommunication.. Miscommunication that led to disintegration of feelings.
If you want a lasting relationship with your partner, I recommend that you watch this movie..
Still raining here in the Philippines..
What are the active hats I have now? Stay at home moms do not just take care of their kids, they have a lot of hats to wear. Amongst the many, they have active hats that they usually wear during the day. I am a wife, a mom, home maker and a child.. Each hat has its own responsibility.
I always like to be on the move.. Maybe because I am used to it. As much as possible I wanted to be productive, which I think most of the moms do. There are still lots of hats that I need to wear sometimes but depending on when I need it… A sister, a friend, a relative.. etc..
Of course I need also to prioritize things and have some time for myself..
Yesterday afternoon, I was quite busy being with my mom for her vaccination. I was so happy to know that our government is really doing their best for the elders to be vaccinated. It was quite a long process because she needed to be checked, we consulted a doctor, then went to the vaccination center. She was there for almost an hour as there were talks and orientations.
My father’s vaccination is already done.. His second dose was done today.
I also signed up on the form online to be vaccinated.. just waiting for the schedule.
My eldest daughter also has some adjustments in terms of the changes on her body as she is now in puberty stage.. I am glad that I am here with my eldest to guide her on the proper way to handle these changes.
As I cut my hair short, my eldest would also want to have the same. She saw how convenient it is to have short hair.. So, we went to a salon for her new hair cut.
I pity the kids nowadays because they cannot really go out and play outside.. This is the reason why I also want to have some quality time with my kids. Yesterday, my kids and I watched a movie in Netflix, the Penguins of Madagascar. They always enjoy our time together, sitting down watching movies while eating chips.
My youngest daughter needs to have something to do always, she is really not fond of using the ipad. She just wants to listen to it while she is playing. Since I made her room cozy for her to play, she always stay in her room.. to make her feel happy, I provided her some foods to eat.
In this way, I could do a lot of chores at home as she is very comfortable playing in her room. She made herself occupied and while I was scrolling the pictures on the ipad, I saw some adventures she was doing.
She was trying to have a shot of herself flying.. Haha.. I think she used a timer when she did this shot. There are lots actually and some are really successful.
Whatever hats we wear at home or outside our house.. These are calling and privilege that God gave us. As long as we are doing our best to for this role, it is enough. Sometimes, it will frustrating to meet expectations however, God knows what you did.
Admit or not, some of us hate mess. I for one is not functioning well if I can see messy stuffs especially when I was still working. However, I am a firm believer that for kids this is different. My husband and I would like our kids to enjoy their childhood and so we bought them toys that they loved. We usually buy stuffs for our kids as gifts on their birthdays and on Christmas. We would want them to remember those toys as the gifts that we gave during those special occasions.
One way to enjoy their toys and activities at home is by allowing them to be messy. Sharing with you the top reasons why I do allow them to be messy.
So I just let my daughter use the playdoh.. I also enjoy playing with it. haha..
2. Exploring Creativity – My kids love to paint and painting could really create a lot of mess. However, I believe that this mess is a way for them to explore creativity. My eldest really loves drawing and painting. All the scratch papers that I had were used for her practicing..
Since my eldest loves to paint, her sister also follows her..
3. Enjoyment at home – We don’t usually remember the things that we do when we were kids, however, the enjoyable moments are usually the ones that we recalled. I would like my kids to enjoy their childhood. There are restrictions but in terms of enjoyment on their playtime, I am really into it.
For the past months the play area of my youngest daughter is in our family room. We still don’t have a big couch there reason why I just put her toys there. It was really painful in the eyes at night seeing the mess she created. Good thing about my daughter, she is mindful of the mess and she would not go to sleep until she tidy things up.
And so, I decided to move her toys in her room (which is empty).. she is still sleeping with me.. She loved it when she saw her toys there. It was also a relieved for me, whenever it is messy, I will just close the door and voila!!! I cannot see the mess anymore.. Haha..
4. Limiting screen time – This is one of the struggles of most of the moms nowadays.. How to limit the screen time of their kids… I still have to remind my daughters that they are already using their phones/ipad for a long time. By allowing them to just do what they want at home (without the phone), they can limit the time they spend on the screen.
5. Makes kids responsible – I think one of the reasons why my daughters tidy up their mess is because they can see how beautiful it is to see a well ordered place. When they are already finished on their activities or playing, I usually ask them to clean up. I think they are also aware of the amount of work I do at home reason why they are becoming responsible on their stuffs. This is one way also of disciplining my kids.. the only person that could tidy her mess, is herself. Though, at times I also help them because they would really could not make it tidier but most of the times, they are the ones who clean things up.
This is not the first time that my husband and I are away from each other. When we were still in Singapore, due to some restrictions on the work permits there, my husband needed to work in Malaysia. So he worked there for 2 years. It was so hard for us because it was the first time that we were apart from each other.
It was year 2012 to 2014 (if I am not mistaken), that we struggled to cope with the distance. However, that time, my husband was able to go to Singapore every other two weeks. He rode the bus for 6 hours just to see us on weekends.
My husband was so eager to go back and be with us and so he really did his best to be equipped with skills and knowledge for him to be able to land a good job in Singapore. He succeeded and we are thankful that he has a stable job now in Singapore.
If you are new here in my blog, my children and I moved here in the Philippines because of the stress that I had in my work in Singapore. I had panic attacks at night and I cannot litterally breathe. So when we moved here in the Philippines, the anxieties eventually were gone.
As of the moment, we are in a long distance relationship for almost 2 years now. We haven’t seen each other for more than a year because of this pandemic. We are coping with it and the hardships made us plan for goals of when we could be together again (of course by the help of God).
I just want to share with you some tips on how to make a long distance relationship works.
2. Be each other’s confidant – Sometimes we feel down about something and we would want to have somebody to talk to.. the best person to share your feelings with is your spouse. Personally I believe that if you are married, you shouldn’t be very close to someone of the opposite gender. Even if you think it is platonic, but this is out of respect for your spouse and also to avoid any future conflicts.
3. Pause when you are angry – Let’s admit it.. we say mean things that we really don’t mean when we are angry. I always avoid this by giving myself time to think and reflect on why I am angry. I don’t nag and I hate to repeat things that I already said. Reason why I tend to be very frank and say things straight to the point. So whenever I feel like I want to argue with my husband, I’ll just send him a message first that I will talk to him later. Through this, I am having some time to think of what I need to say and reflect if my reasonings are valid. I believe, everything could be talked about especially when both parties know how to listen.
4. Say what is on your mind – Women sometimes assume that men know what’s in their mind.. Men are not fortune tellers, they wouldn’t know why women are upset and what women want. I always believe this, that is why I always say what I feel so that it would not bother me anymore. So whenever I think of something about what I noticed about him or what I am expecting from him, I just say it. My husband and I have an open communication, we can say anything to each other because we believe that it is only us that could understand each other. We are the ones involve in this relationship.
5. Have a common goal together – There is a reason why you are away from each other. For us, the reason is financial (of course). Hence, we established a common goal of eliminating this reason. Our everydays are full of dreams and plans on the desire of being together. This is one thing that I cherish on this journey, enjoying each day by working on our goals.
6. Being completely honest to each other – Honesty is one of the key factors of a successful marriage. I trust my husband and he is the one who established this trust. The moment we became a couple, he gave me all his passwords. I was surprised because I felt that I need to do the same.
My husband tells me when he is going out, who is with him and when he is going home. I personally don’t ask these things but I think he is saying it, firstly to establish trust, secondly for me not to worry. So, we have this habit, I also do the same.
7. Make each other laugh – My husband and I have a good sense of humour.. I think this is one of the reasons why we really clicked. Every now and then, we talk about something funny or share some jokes. We goof around.
It’s good also to always be positive and to minimize conversations about negativity. We help each other by giving a positive atmosphere whenever we communicate.
8. Give each other a “me” time – Of course, we also need to socialize, mingle with others or do some other activities. My husband goes biking with his friends every Saturday morning. Occasionally, they also have some time for drinks. I also have some bonding time with my siblings or go to a spa.
We respect each other’s “me” time. When we wanted to watch movies or do some other activities, we just let each other enjoy.
9. Remind each other to be grateful – The reason of not being together is financial and sometimes the goal of being together takes a long time. Before this pandemic, my husband was always here every month, in fact he already bought plane tickets that was good for 6 months. However, now it is more than a year and sometimes we are being impatient and tired on what we are doing. But we always remind each other of the blessings that we are receiving amidst this pandemic. We have good health, shelter and food. These are major things that we should be thankful for.
10. Trust your relationship – Eventually, the waiting will come to an end. Just hold on to the relationship that you built. The memories that you had and will be having in the future. What matters is what is on the other side of the bridge. Hold on to the love that you have for each other. The goals that you have together.
Since we lived in Singapore for almost 9 years before we decided to move here in the Philippines, we are a little cautious on our safety and security. Singapore is one of the safest country in the world, but we still had the habit of locking the gate when we go in and out of our flat. We brought that habit here in the Philippines. Though some of our neighbors here in our subdivision do not have fence or gate, I still do lock our gate everytime we go in and out of our house.
At first I was really paranoid about other people looking at us or trying to talk to us.. but Filipinos are friendly and so majority of us would like to open a conversation to other people. I am still adjusting on this behavior..
When we are in the mall, I am holding my two kids like their hands are chained on my hands.. Haha.. (Well this is pre-covid)
I think one of the reasons why I am really cautious is because of the news in the Philippines that I watched when I was in Singapore and also the posts in social medias. When we were about to move here, I avoided watching the news already and unfollowed the news programs in facebook.
There is no harm on being cautious and aware of the things that we need to do for safety..
Here are the things that I do at home to feel safe.
There’s no harm in having these habits especially if this would give me and my husband a peace of mind.
Yesterday, I decided to buy groceries today because my daughters’ cereals are about to be finished. I usually buy our foods every week. I wanted to finish early and so I went there before the store opened. The store is like 5 mins drive from our house (without traffic). My kids, since they are the ones left at home are very responsible on eating their breakfast by their own. My style of parenting is more of giving them responsibilities and teaching them to be independent.
Another task that I was not able to do yesterday is to fold the washed clothes. I wash our clothes once a week reason why I have loads to fold. My washing machine’s capacity is 14 kilos and I wanted to save electricity.
I am enjoying this task because I can watch a lot of tutorials and vlogs on youtube. My kids would not disturb me because they know that I am busy.
My children’s school has ended today. That was one heck of a ride.. Haha.. There a lot of learnings, roller coaster ride experiences this school year. My first time to homeschool was a success. I am still planning to continue next year.
So, I was also busy with the grades of my eldest daughter. I needed to submit the portfolio this week. A lot of scanning and checking of works were done today. This is something that I enjoyed a lot, it is very fulfilling.
Before I shifted my daughter from traditional school to homeschool, I did a lot of research. I was already doing the research when I was still in Singapore. I never thought that I will actually experience this.. It never crossed my mind that I will quit my job, then do homeschooling to my kids.
My eldest is enrolled to an international school who also offer homeschooling. The shifting was not hard. It was surprising how much we saved in terms of the tuition and miscellaneous fees.
The school gave us the curriculum (portfolio and year plans). As a facilitator, I was the one who planned the schedule and the pace of my daughter’s lessons, provided that it will cover the year plan. At first it was hard because at the beginning of the school year, I was also busy with the construction of our house. But on term 3, I was able to manage the time already.
Time management is the key for homeschooling. I usually do the lesson plan for the week on weekends. I teach my daughter in the afternoon because I need to teach my youngest first in the morning.
The term examinations for the core subjects (Mathematics, Science and English) are given by the school. The pointers are based on the year plan that was given on the beginning of the school year. That is why I needed to focus on these subjects for my daughter to have good results in her term exam. Thankfully, she was able to cope and I can feel that she learned a lot this school year.
I never regret choosing homeschooling. This is the best choice in this time of pandemic. I know that my daughter is really learning and it is by her own pace.
However, since after a year, she will be in secondary. My husband and I agreed for her to be in a traditional school if everything goes back to normal. There she could enjoy the company of other girls. We like her to know how to mingle with other people and to adapt on the classroom type school.